Saturday 30 May 2015

Too many winter tunics

I unearthed a box of some of my old winter clothes, which strangely contained 5 tunics in varying shades of grey, 4 of which had short sleeves - so impractical for winter.


This is the first one to get the chop.



I don't actually think this is all that bad.  But over the years I have worn this to death and had no desire to keep it as it is here.  



But I did have a burning desire to turn this into a winter crop top...



Chop chop.



This is how I kept the new hem even - using my thumb to measure as I sewed so that I didn't have to use pins.



I did two rows of stitching to match the sleeve hems.



Done.



I suppose some people may like my crop top better as a tunic, but I'm happy with the change.



See that chair back there? I bought 6 of these from a local facebook buy and sell - when I have time, I'll be giving them some TLC to give them a new lease on life.



No more shoes for me this winter.  I bought these black Dr Martens from Gumtree the same week I bought my Cherry Arcadia Doc's.

More tunic refashions to come I suspect ;-)

Tunic to Crop top Refashion: Old wardrobe item, Grey dress: Thrifted $8, Black Singlet: Old wardrobe item, Black Dr Martens: $55 Gumtree, Jewellery: Old pieces from my collection.



No comments:

Post a Comment